The term Light Therapy refers to both laser and IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) treatments. At Clinique Elan we offer both, which allows us to treat a much wider range of concerns than most clinics. People are often confused about the difference between the two modalities, (including some machine operators). Therefore, to lower your risk of complications, it is essential to ensure your treatment is being carried out by trained therapists. Our therapists are NZ registered nurses.
We use a machine that incorporates both laser and IPL called the XEO platform. It is manufactured by Cutera, which is recognised as one of the world’s leading laser/IPL providers. Using such sophisticated machinery, along with highly trained therapists, increases your chance of getting a good result, with minimal risk.
Our platform has six different treatment options. Which one of these is most appropriate, is discussed with the individual client at the initial consultation.
- Laser for Facial Veins (Nd:YAG)
- Laser Genesis for treating generalised redness, including Rosacea
- Laser Hair Removal (CoolGlide)
- IPL (Limelight) for pigmentation, skin rejuvenation and vascular issues
- Acutip for spot treatment of sunspots
- Laser Genesis for Fungal Toenails
- Omnilux to improve skin texture